WHAT BENEFITS CAN SOS AGED CARE PHYSIOTHERAPY OFFER?
First and foremost our services are dedicated to the care, comfort and health of residents in aged care facilities. We also extend our expertise and physiotherapy/massage services to staff. By outsourcing physiotherapy services to SOS Aged Care Physiotherapy facilities stand to benefit from the following:
- having all aspects of physiotherapy/manual handling training/competency assessments and service delivery catered for by the one service provider allowing facility management to concentrate on other aspects of the business
- sustained and/or improved funding through ACFI approved programmes and procedures
- the security and reassurance that the service provider is a reputable company with extensive, industry specific experience that will reflect positively on the facility as a whole through resident and family satisfaction with the services
- Offering a quality physiotherapy service also adds to the attraction for residents and/or family members looking at placing their loved ones in an aged care facility. Availability of physiotherapy services is an important aspect family members seek when deciding on which facility to place their loved ones. Our experience and feedback from other facility managers is that families would often decide on a particular facility that provides all aspects of care including physiotherapy. This can also contribute to filling empty beds
- Reassurance that all aspects of the physiotherapy service meets ACFI and Accreditation standards meaning when it comes to physiotherapy, managers and owners do not have to worry about not meeting standards and having funds cut as a result.
WHY ARE PHYSIOTHERAPY SERVICES CRUCIAL IN AGED CARE FACILITIES?
Providing physiotherapy services in residential aged care facilities is crucial for a number of reasons. Firstly, it provides residents with the care, comfort and attention they deserve and helps maintain and improve their quality of life via multifactorial interventions aimed at improving their physical wellbeing, mobility, behaviour and pain.
Another vital reason why managers and operators/owners should seek to provide physiotherapy services in their facilities is to ensure all documentation, care plans are overseen and authorised by the directive of the physiotherapist in accordance with ACFI standards. Failure to have certain programmes and interventions like Complex Care Pain Management Clinics overseen and directed by an appropriately qualified Allied Health Professional like Physiotherapists can result in non compliance and deduction of much needed funds. Likewise, by instigating appropriate services that meet ACFI standards, residential aged care facilities stand to gain extra funding.
To find out how SOS Aged Care Physiotherapy can make a difference in your facility, or if you would like to learn more please contact our office on (02) 9599 9510 and ask for Andrew Papas. We would be more than happy to meet with facility management on site to further discuss our services.